All about Followers Boduguards click here
Of course, you can’t be expected to stick around your garrison all day, doing all the work… you’re a hero! You have Things To Do! The simple solution? Why, you do what every good leader does: you recruit lackeys!
As you quest throughout Draenor, you will come across followers. Some might be folks you rescued from certain death, others might be unlocked by completing a quest or mission.
Some are unique – named individuals with specific skills or abilities – and some are generic.
These followers hang around your garrison until you give them work to do – either send them on missions, or put them to work in your buildings.
Each of your followers has a character level, an item level and, if you are lucky, a bonus proficiency rating that can impact performance of the jobs you assign them.
A follower with a +1 in herbalism can gather extra herbs per hour for example. Not all followers are created equally.
There are common, uncommon, rare and even epic followers and their rarity directly impacts the number of bonus traits they have available.
Followers come with abilities and traits. Abilities are to used to counter enemy threats in garrison missions and traits give followers different bonuses or special counters for missions or allows them to be assigned into a level 2 garrison building. Every follower will have at least one ability and one trait. The quality of a follower defines how many abilities and traits it is possible for the follower to have:
|Uncommon||1 ability, 1 trait|
|Rare||1 ability, 2 traits|
|Epic||2 abilities, 3 traits|
Followers give bonus to your profession buildings
You need a level 2 building to assign a follower to your buildings
- Alchemy - Alchemy Experiment daily quest, the reward is 5 random potions.
- Blacksmithing - You can speak to your follower for two buffs: Song of the Anvil, Solace of the Forge
- Enchanting - Weapon enchant transmog for old enchants like Enchanter's Illusion - Mongoose.
- Engineering - Your follower will sell you unique items: Walter, GUMM-E, Gyro-Radiant Reflector,Gnomish Net Launcher, Ultra-Electrified Reflector
- Herbalism - You can speak to your follower to select which herbs to grow every day instead of growing random herbs.
- Inscription - Your follower will let you create Draenor Merchant Order. This generates a random receipt, and if you make two of the same, you can fuse them together. This creates either a Merchant Order or Large Merchant Order which can be sold to a vendor for gold.
- Jewelcrafting - You get a random daily quest. The reward is Jewelcrafting Payment which contains around 200 gold.
- Leatherworking - You can craft a bunch of tents like Fine Blue and Gold Tent for 25 Raw Beast Hide.
- Mining - Unlock mining carts in your mine. The carts contain a few extra ores, and can also contain the following items: Preserved Mining Pick, Miner's Coffee
- Skinning - Couldn't test it. I will update this later.
- Tailoring - Your follower can craft these items: Inspiring Battle Standard, Fearsome Battle Standard
Click here to get to the section about what followers are easy to get.
Running a successful garrison requires help so you need to recruit followers and thankfully there are several ways you can accomplish this. Some followers will find you if you build an Inn for your garrison, more if the Inn is upgraded, and some followers will become available by completing quests or by paying mercenaries.
There is a lot to do in your Garrison and your followers can’t be everywhere at the same time. If you send them away on a dungeon crawl they won’t be available to tend to your mining duties and vice versa, you need to manage their time. If you are offline when they return from a mission they will go back to work where they are assigned until you give them additional orders.
Leveling followers and equipping them with gear
Followers, like players, start out at level 90 and need to be leveled up to level 100 to become better at what they do. Followers gain experience by completing missions, more difficult missions yields more experience. Like players they will also need to be equipped although, as of pre-beta, they will not wear the same armor that players do. Instead they will wear follower only armor which can be purchased with a new Garrison currency, more details have yet to be released on the new currency.
Follower for the Alchemy
- Horde: Mulverick
Find Guse at Frostfire Ridge and accept the quest Slavery and Strife from her. Find Mulverick and complete Mulverick's Plight, then he will ask you to allow him to repay his debt by serving under your command.
- Alliance: Bruma Swiftstone
Reward from the first mission Killing The Corrupted you receive after completing the opening quest chain that starts your Garrison.
Follower for the Blacksmithing
- Horde: Weaponsmith Na'Shra
Find Initiate Na'Shra, accept the quest Smeltcraft, and Na'Shral will join your garrison after you complete it.
- Alliance: Rulkan
Find Prophet Velen and accept the quest Chasing Shadows. You will get two more follow up quests and you will get Rulkan when you complete those.
Follower for the Enchanting
- Both factions: Ahm
Get Dying Wish quest from Ahm at Talador. Upon completing this quest, you will find the ghost of Ahm outside your Garrison. He gives the quest Solidarity in Death, which allows you to recruit him as a follower.
Follower for the Engineering
- Horde: Kimzee Pinchwhistle
This follower is obtained from the quest chain starting from the Clutchpop Gearworks in Spires of Arak.
- Alliance: Apprentice Artificer Andren
You get this follower after finishing Elodor questline. You have to choose between three followers. (These followers are exclusive, and once you choose one, you can not go back and obtain the others)
Follower for the Herbalism
- Horde: Shadow Hunter Rala
Find Rokhan and accept We Be Needin' Supplies. After you find Shadow Hunter Rala, complete the quests he offers and he will join your garrison.
- Alliance: Fiona
Find Rangari Arepheon, accept and complete Blademoon Bloom. There will be one follow-up quest Gestating Genesaur, then Fion will offer to join your garrison.
Follower for the Inscription
- Horde: Benjamin Gibb
Find Benjamin Gibb at Spires of Arak, then accept his quest and he will join you after you complete it.
- Alliance: Admiral Taylor
Find Admiral Taylor at Spires of Arak, then accept his quest and he will join you after you complete it.
Follower for the Jewelcrafting
- Horde: Olin Umberhide
Comes from a very early garrison quest Winds of Change right after you build your barracks.
- Alliance: Artificer Romuul
Reward from Artificer Romuul. This quest is only available after starting a mini-event near Embaari Village at Shadowmoon Valley.
Follower for the Leatherworking
- Horde: Ka'la
Reward from Gronnlings Abound mission. Usually it's one of the first few missions you get after you get your first follower.
- Alliance: Shelly Hamby
Lost Lumberjacks in your garrison starts a questline to Gloomshade Grove eventually awarding Shelly.
Follower for the Mining
- Both factions: Lantresor of the Blade
Lantresor will offer to join your garrison after you have finished his questline in Hallvalor. For Alliance, he awaits outside Telaari Station after finishing up Challenge of the Masters. Horde players can find him waiting outside Wor'var after Challenge of the Masters.
Follower for the Skinning
- Both factions: Dark Ranger Velonara (H), Hulda Shadowblade (A)
These followers (for Alliance and Horde) are obtained from Spires of Arak questline when you have built the Brewery to your outpost. The quest chain ends to Standing United (Alliance) / Standing United (Horde).
- Both factions: Goldmane the Skinner
Kill Bolkar the Cruel and loot Goldmane's Cage Key. Release Goldmane the Skinner and he will join you.
Follower for the Tailoring
- Both factions: Pleasure-Bot 8000
Reward from completing a quest from Torben Zapblast (Alliance) or Ziz Fizziks (Horde).