Renown is a resource that you will gather in Shadowlands for the covenant that you pick at max level.
It is used to level your trust with your covenant.
There are 40 levels of Renown.
You get different types of rewards when reaching different levels.
The main rewards are:
- Unlock a row on a Soulbind character´s talent tree
- Increase the ilvl of world quest rewards.
- Increase the level of the features in your Sanctum.
- Earn legendary recipes to be able to craft legendary gear.
- Earn covenant mounts, pets, titles and transmogs.
How to get Renown
You get Renown in 3 ways
- Completing each chapter of your Covenant Campaign will reward a Renown level.
- Completing the weekly quest to gather certain amount of Anima to your reservoir in your Sanctum.
- Completing the weekly quest to rescue Lost Souls in the Maw/Torghast.
Every week, you get 2 weekly quests from your covenant sanctum, to earn renown.
Each of these quests will award you with a Renown level.
The quests at beta are:
- Return Lost Souls
You rescue 15 souls in the Maw/Torghast.
- Replenish the Reservoir
Collect anima to deposit to your Sanctum.
Guide: Collect Souls in Shadowlands
You can collect souls in two ways:
- The Maw
In the Maw there are Rares that reward souls.
There are bonus objectives that rewards Freed Soul
You can find anima power that makes you obtain Freed Souls.
Offer of Souls – Obtain 10 Free Souls
Pocketed Soulcage – Opening the cage will reward 20-30 Freed Souls
Soulvoid Bag – Only for Warlocks and gives you 5% chance to get a Freed Soul when a creature dies by Corruption.
Guide: Collect Anima in Shadowlands
You can collect anima by completing Covenant callings. These are emissary quests that rewards you with a Tribute containing anima.
Catchup mechanic for Renown
If you are behind in getting renown for your covenant sanctum, you can easily get it and be back on track again.
Normally, you can get maximum 2 Renown a week.
Alts/main that are behind will get also get Renown from
- Dungeon loot drops
- World quest rewards
- Callings (The emissary version in BFA)
- The Council of Blood Heroic Mode abilities and tactics - Castle Nathria
- How to choose your class in Shadowlands
- You can Upgrade your Covenant gear in Oribos
- 30 Tips in 7 Minutes for Torghast The Twisting Corridor
- Buy and upgrade a “FULL SET” 197 ilvl PvE Gear
- Ulduar Timewalkiing Raid - Shadowlands
- Speed up the Timewalking Dungeon Runs
- Get Eternal Crystals fast and easy
- First Timewalking Event in Shadwolands
- Timewalking Event Guide