Important that we don’t mix that with the release date of Season 4 which is the increased ilvl rewards from dungeons, raids and PvP. Season 4 has been announced to be released later this summer.
Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 will release on:
- NA servers May 31st
- EU servers June 1st
- Asia servers June 2nd
In 9.2.5 you can group up and do instances with players from the opposite faction. However, there are some can /can not do when it comes to cross-faction gameplay.
Are guilds cross-faction
No, they are not.
How to invite for Cross-Faction Gameplay
You can only invite a player on the opposite faction in a special way.
Either, you have to be
- net friends.
Or, you have to be
- In the same Battle.net WoW community
A battle.net WoW community has very similar functions as a guild.
Or, you can
- Invite players in the Premade Group Finder
You can choose to include opposite faction or not when creating a group.
What can you do I Cross-Faction Gameplay
- You can group up for Mythic plus dungeons
- You can group up for Raids.
- You can group up for Rated PvP
- When outside an instance in a group, you can
- Summon players on opposite faction, but player that helps must be on the same faction.
- Send gold and items to your own characters on the opposite faction, but must be same realm.
- Type and understand each other between faction. Only group works, b.net or community doesn’t work.
- If Warmode is on, you can attack each other.
- When inside an instance, you can
- Trade gold and items with players on opposite faction, if you are on the same realm.
- Buff and give food to players on opposite faction.
- Portals to neutral zones works for players on opposite faction.
What can you NOT do in Cross-Faction Gameplay
- Outdoor World Content is not part of the cross-faction gameplay.
- Some Raids cannot be cross-faction, which are:
Trial of the Champion
Trial of the Crusade
Vault of Archavon
Siege of Boralus
Battle of Dazar´alor
Darkmaul Citadel (Exile´s Reach dungeon)
- Raid Finder is not part of the cross-faction gameplay.
- Arena Skirmish is not part of the cross-faction gameplay.
- Random Battleground is not part of the cross-faction gameplay.
- When outside an instance, you cannot
- Trade with players on opposite faction.
- Use portals for players on opposite faction.
- Buff players on opposite faction.
- Send mail to players on opposite faction.
RACE SPECIFIC QUESTLINES
Alliance - Dark Iron Dwarves
Requirements for getting the quest is:
- Have a Dark Iron Dwarf.
- Minimum lvl 50 on your Dark Iron Dwarf.
- Already unlocked Heritage Armor on Dark Iron Dwarf.
Where to get the starting quest for Dark Iron Dwarf Questline
The starting quest is called The Anvil-Thane's Designs in Shadowforge City. Talk to Anvil-Thane Thurgaren.
Does Boosted/Race changed Dark Iron Dwarf work?
No, it doesn’t.
What is the reward for completing the specific Dark Iron Dwarves questline
- Weapon & Shield Transmog (Arsenal: Lavaforge Armaments)
- A mount (Grimhowl)
Horde – Blood Elves
Requirements for getting the quest is:
- Have a Blood Elf
- Be Exalted reputation with Silvermoon City.
Where to get the starting quest for Blood Elves Questline
The starting quest is called “Summons from the Matriarch” in Oribos. Talk to Lady Liandrin.
What is the reward for completing the specific Blood Elf questline
- Mount (Elusive Emerald Hawkstrider)
- Blood Elf Paladins will also be rewarded with
- A Blood Night Transmog Set
- A Polearm weapon transmog.
NEW ARENA – ENIGMA CRUCIBLE
This arena is a Zereth Mortis arena.
STORIES & CONTENT UPDATES
There are a bunch of stories and updates coming in 9.2.5 that are encrypted, meaning they are out for public testing, and they cannot be datamined by spoiler websites.
Instead of having 2 wings open per week, we will get all wings open all the time.
Layers 1–8 are now unlocked by default.
Layers 9–12 now unlock after completing Layer 8.
Layers 13–16 now unlock after completing the previous Layer.
SPECIFIC KEY CHARACTER CONVERSATIONS
Conversations between key charcters scattered around oribos are available for “staying a while and listen” to.
BETTER WAY TO REPORT PLAYERS
We are getting a new way to report players in which we can choose more detailed options when right clicking on a player.
IMPORTANT ITEMS UPDATED
We are getting updates on important items.
- Renown Boost.
The Broker Mark of Distinction that increases your renown directly to 40 has been changed to 60 instead.
- Guaranteed Renown
You will 100% get Renown from:
Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
Torghast Layers 9-16
Defeating a Shadowlands raid boss encounter
Winning a Rated Battleground
- Grateful Offerings increased
You will get Grateful Offerings from the weekly quest in Zereth Mortis, “Pattern within Patterns”.
You will get more Grateful Offerings from Callings quests.
Sepulcher of the First Ones is now available for Cross-Realm raiding on Mythic difficulty.
Legendary Crafting is now improved.
The experience points earned when crafting Specialized Armor and Jewelry for creating Runecarving items is increased by 400%.
This means that you only need to craft 3 base legendary items to reach the next rank.
USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
- All search filter dropdowns now have a button that lets you easily remove all active filters.
- The default hand cursor now has new, higher resolution art for its larger sizes under Interface Options → Accessibility.
- The Report Player pane has been redesigned, with new categories added.
- All Covenant Sanctum feature achievements are now visible and count towards your character's total achievement points, regardless of which covenant your character currently belongs to. Nonetheless, all characters must belong to a Covenant to earn that Covenant’s specific achievements.
- Tower Ranger criteria now requires The Jailer's Gauntlet: Layer 4 (was Layer 8).
- The Dancing Machine achievement text now specifies that the reward is a toy.
- Anima Cannisters required for Kaal-ed Shot now respawn after General Kaal resets and the Slammed! debuff is no longer removed by immunity effects.
- Fixed an issue that was causing The Enlightened faction to not count towards the Exalted Reputations achievements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Azeroth at War achievements to not be obtainable by players.
All classes now generate more threat when in a tank specialization.
Developers’ notes: We’ve heard a lot of feedback about threat loss from the community (and our teammates) since the start of this season. Our design intent is that a tank who is actively directing their damage rotation at an enemy should be able to maintain threat on that enemy, but simple area of effect spells (like Consecrate or Death and Decay) alone should not be sufficient. We’ve analyzed this situation and feel that a small adjustment to tank threat modifiers should help maintain that balance for the remainder of the expansion.
All damage abilities and pet damage increased by 4%.
Beast Cleave now causes your pet to strike other targets for 100% of your pet’s damage (was 90%).
Arcane Missiles damage increased by 8%.
Arcane Blast damage increased by 10%.
Clearcasting can no longer be dispelled.
Gift of the Lich (Conduit) duration reduced by 33% in PvP.
Reduced cooldown on Zen Focus Tea to 30 seconds (was 45).
Rising Sun Kick damage Increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Fists of Fury damage to primary target increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Blackout Kick damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Tiger Palm damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Fist of the White Tiger damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Blaze of Light increases damage to Smite and Penance by 30% (was 15%).
Power Word: Shield absorb amount increased by 10% in PvP.
Fixed a bug that reduced the value of Power Word: Shield critical strikes in PvP.
Recuperator (Conduit) healing reduced by 50% in PvP.
Between the Eyes damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Pistol Shot damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Sinister Strike damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Blade Flurry damage increased to 60% of single target damage (was 50%). This change does not apply to PvP.
Enduring Brawler (PvP Talent) stacks up to 15 times (was 20).
Healing Stream Totem’s healing increased by 20% in PvP.
Raging Vesper Vortex (Runecarving Power) damage reduced by 33% in PvP.
Earth Shock damage is no longer reduced by 10% in PvP.
Chain Harvest (Venthyr) damage and healing reduced by 15% in PvP.
Earthen Wall Totem’s absorb is no longer reduced by 30% while in PvP.
Ritual of Ruin (2-piece bonus) now lasts 30 seconds.
Summoning a Blasphemy (4-piece bonus) no longer stuns enemies in PvP.
Felguard’s Legion Strike now reduces effectiveness of healing on the target by 25% (was 10%) in PvP.
Mortal Strike damage increased by 10%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Overpower damage increased by 10%. This change does not apply to PvP.
Execute and Condemn damage increased by 15%. This also affects Protection Warriors. This change does not apply to PvP.
Depths of Insanity (Conduit) effectiveness reduced by 50% in PvP.
Battle Trance (PvP Talent) now generates 3 rage (was 5) every 3 seconds for 18 seconds after using Raging Blow twice in a row on a target.
Gladiatior’s Distinction (PvP set) bonus Stamina increased to 500 (was 350).
Cosmic Gladiator’s Echoing Resolve no longer triggers from or provides immunity to interrupt effects. The tooltip for this will be updated in a future patch.
BIG Raid NERFS
Nerfs for Supulcher of the First Ones raid: Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic and Mythic difficulty.
These nerfs are targeting the mechanisms where a single error by a single player can cause a wipe.
Decipher Relic cast time increased to 30 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 25 seconds).
Imprinted Safeguards reduce damage and healing taken by 35% on Mythic difficulty (was 50%).
Lihuvim, Principal Architect
Lihuvim’s health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
Protoform Schematics health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
Halondrus the Reclaimer
Ephemeral Eruption initial damage reduced significantly on Mythic difficulty.
Lightshatter Beam increases the damage taken from Lightshatter Beam by 300% on Heroic difficulty (was 500%).
Anduin Wrynn’s health reduced by 5% on all difficulties.
Monstrous Souls health reduced by 5% on all difficulties.
Anduin’s Despair health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
Anduin’s Hope movement speed reduced on Heroic and Mythic difficulty.
Remorseless Winter damage reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
Hopebreaker damage over time reduced by 15% on all difficulties.
Fiendish Soul’s Necrotic Claws cooldown increased by 50% on all difficulties.
Lords of Dread
Mal’Ganis and Kin’tessa health reduced by 5% on all difficulties.
Swarm of Decay and Swarm of Darkness damage reduced by 7.5% on all difficulties.
Ravenous Hunger now heals the Inchoate Shadow for 13% on Mythic difficulty (was 10%).
Cloud of Carrion no longer disorients when jumping between players on Heroic and Mythic difficulty.
Infiltration of Dread duration increased by 10 seconds on Heroic and Mythic difficulty.
Collapsing Quasar Field duration increased by 50% on Mythic difficulty.
Rune of Compulsion’s absorb reduced by 33% on Normal and Heroic difficulty, and 10% on Mythic difficulty.
Misery no longer knocksback on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulty.
Decimator no longer knocksback on Raid Finder and Normal difficulty.
Diverted Life Shield no longer heals on Mythic difficulty.
World Crusher produces 2 less Bloods of Azeroth on Mythic difficulty.
World Shatterer produces 1 less Blood of Azeroth on Mythic difficulty.
Phase 4 is now triggered at 15% Health on Mythic difficulty.
- New Mythic+ ilvl gear reward: +18 instead of +15
- Dragonflight Keystone Master: Season 1 reward
- The Dragonflight Glory Dungeon Achievement reward
- The Dragonflight Glory Raid Achievement reward
- Raid testing this week
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes - Phase 6
- How to farm Artisan´s Mettle - Dragonflight Guide
- Dragon Isles Knowledge Points - Profession GUIDE
- The Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff Now Live!!
- Dragonflight World Quest Rewards