Blizzard Blue Post:
- Lower item-level PvP gear will now scale to a higher item-level in PvP situations than before. This should reduce the power level gap so that new characters can feel that they're able to compete in Battlegrounds and Arenas more readily. This change will not affect high item-level PvP gear.
- Additional PvP Ranks and Item Level Ranks have been added to provide a more granular upgrade path for players climbing up the ranks.
|New Rating||Rated PvP Ranks||Item Level||iLvl in PvP|
|Rank 1 Unranked||220||233|
|1000||Rank 2 Combatant I||226||239|
|1200||Rank 3 Combatant II||229||242|
|1400||Rank 4 Challenger I||233||246|
|1600||Rank 5 Challenger II||236||249|
|1800||Rank 6 Rival I||239||252|
|1950||Rank 7 Rival II||242||255|
|2100||Rank 8 Duelist||246||259|
|2400||Rank 9 Elite||249||259|
|Unrated PvP Step||Item Level||iLvl in PvP|
|Step 3 (Renown 44)||197||223|
|Step 5 (Renown 59)||210||229|
- The Honor cost to upgrade Unrated gear reduced by around 25%, and the Conquest cost to upgrade Rated gear has been adjusted to spread across the new ranks.
- The following toys can no longer be used in battlegrounds and arenas:
- Contender’s Costume
- Fae Harp
- Piccolo of the Flaming Fire
- The incapacitate from the Pandaren racial ability Quaking Palm now breaks to absorbed damage.
- Fleshcraft (Necrolord Ability) now absorbs up to 30% of max Health while in PvP combat (was 40%).
- When a battleground or arena match begins, Fleshcraft absorbs exceeding 30% maximum health are reduced to 30% maximum health.
- Thorns (PvP Talent) can no longer reflect damage to enemies more than 10 yards away.
- Adaptive Swarm's (Necrolord Ability) bonus to periodic healing effects reduced to 20% in PvP combat (was 25%).
- Strength of the Wild (PvP Talent) now increases Regrowth's initial heal critical chance on allies by 30% (was 100%).
- Grove Protection (PvP Talent) radius significantly increased.
- Keeper of the Grove (PvP Talent) now protects the Druid from all harm while Tranquility is channeled (was prevents Tranquility from being interrupted).
- Floral Recycling's (Conduit) healing bonus to Swiftmend is reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
- Fixed an issue where Hunters could capture flags in Battlegrounds while under the effects of Feign Death.
- BEAST MASTERY
- Fixed an issue where Burrow Attack's (Exotic Ability) cooldown was unintentionally reduced by Kindred Beasts (PvP Talent).
- Triune Ward (Runecarving Power) now provides 35% barrier effectiveness in PvP combat (was 50%).
- Fixed an issue where Mana Gem could not be used in rated battlegrounds and rated arenas.
- Fixed an issue where a Mage's Ignite that was spread by Phoenix Flames could hit a Rogue while under the effect of Cloak of Shadows.
- Dance of Chi'ji (Talent) procs now cause your next Spinning Crane Kick to deal 150% damage in PvP combat (was 200%).
- Auras are no longer removed when leaving battlegrounds or arenas.
- Heal healing increased by 35% in PvP combat (was 20%).
- Flash Heal healing increased by 30% in PvP combat (was 15%).
- Renew healing increased by 15% in PvP combat.
- Fixed an issue where the target of Shadowy Duel (PvP Talent) would become invisible if the Rogue is under the effects of a Paladin's Blessing of Protection when starting the duel.
- Unleash Shield's (PvP Talent) Earth Shield effect now roots targets for 4 seconds (was 3 seconds) and the Lightning Shield effect now knocks back enemies 33% farther.
- Decimating Bolt's (Necrolord Ability) damage bonus to Demonbolt, Shadow Bolt, or Incinerate can no longer be dispelled.
- Death Bolt (PvP Talent) now deals 50% of remaining damage over time (was 40%) and can no longer critically strike. Additionally, the spell now reaches the target faster.
- Rapid Contagion (PvP Talent) duration is now 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Dark Soul: Misery (Talent) can no longer be dispelled.
- Bonds of Fel (PvP Talent) has been slightly redesigned – No longer snares the target and no longer splits damage with pets and guardians.
- Dark Soul: Instability (Talent) can no longer be dispelled.
- Elysian Might's (Kyrian Runecarving Power) Critical Strike damage bonus reduced to 15% in PvP Combat (was 25%).
- Dragonflight Pre-Expansion PTR Development Notes - phase 3
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes - Phase 4
- World of Warcraft News and Development Updates
- 500 Mount Reward
- Shadowlands Season 4 Hotfix - Sep 22
- Dragonflight BETA KEYS GIVEAWAY
- Lore in Short – Arthas Menethil | Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- New Short Story - Visage Day
- Dragonflight Weekly Dungeon Quests
- Larger Than Life - Brewfest is Here!