Stygian Embers are used for upgrading Domination Shards.
In patch 9.1 we are getting a new type of gear called Domination gear. The reason it is called Domination gear is because it has a special socket on it called Domination Socket.
Domination Socket can only be socketed by specific gems and there are only three types of gems:
- Frost Shards
- Unholy Shards
- Blood Shards
Farming Stygian Embers
Stygian Embers are received by
1) Looting bosses in Sanctum of Domination Raid. On the PTR it was chance on loot, not a 100% loot. There are 10 bosses in the new raid, if you get super lucky or if they will change the drop chance to 100% loot chance, then you will get 10 Stygian Embers a week from bosses.
2) The weekly Korthia quest called Shaping Fate. This quest rewards 10 Stygian Embers.
In total you will get up to 20 Stygain Embers a week.
Upgrading Domination gear
ou can upgrade a shard up 4 times (total 5) so they become more powerful.
There is an NPC in Korthia called Bonesmith Heirmir that upgrades the shards for you. To be able to upgrade a Shard you need:
- The gem/shard that you wish to upgrade
- Stygian Ember
You can buy an item called Soulfire Chisel to remove a gem/shard from a domination gear. This item costs 23 gold only and you only need to buy it once.
So, if you have a shard in your domination gear, you can just remove it by using a Soulfire Chisel.
The ilvl does not change when upgrading the power of it.
- The first time you upgrade will cost 5 Stygian Ember.
- The second time you upgrade that shard will cost 15 Stygian Ember.
- The third time you upgrade that shard will cost 30 Stygian Ember
- The fourth time you upgrade that shard will cost 50 Stygian Ember
- Get a MOUNT very EASY in DRAGONFLIGHT
- Unlock Ottuk Hunter Taming
- Location of All Knowledge Points from Treasures
- 300% CD NERFS!? 150% Damage Increases!? HUGE Class Changes BEFORE Season 1
- Get the Reputation & Experience Buff
- Nerfs and Buffs incoming 7th December
- GEAR iLvL Scaled in Dragonflight World Quests, Events, Rares - Outdoor Gaming?
- BEST WAY to Get ACE of Card & Craft Darkmoon Trinkets up 418 ilvl!
- All Cooking Renown Recipes
- All Alchemy Renown Recipes