When turning in relics and cataloged research items to the Archivist, you will get half of that amount turned into the cataloged research currency.
In 9.1.5, one of the items added to the Archivist Vendor in Korthia is the Research Report: Relic Examination Techniques. This is a Blizzard Account item, meaning that you can buy it on the character that you are rank 6 with, which is the requirement for buying it, and then send to any of your characters. This item will make you gain 50% more reputation with the Archivist´s Codex when you turn in relics to the Archivist.
I tried this out on the PTR to check if you also got more cataloged research currency. Before I bought the item, I turned in 10 Relics to the Archivist and got 5 reputation and 5 Cataloged Research. Then I bought the Research Report: Relic Examination Techniques and turned in 10 Relics. I got 7 reputations but still 5 Cataloged Research. This means that you will not get more cataloged research when turning in Relics, you only get more reputation.
- Patch 9.2.5 Gear item levels (ilvl) in Shadowlands Season 4
- Craft TIER Gear with gear from Zereth Mortis
- How to CRAFT TIER SETS & CHANGE STATS on Items!?
- How to put sockets on Gear in 9.2
- SUPER FAST Silken Protofiber FARM in 9.2
- SUPER FAST PROTOFLESH FARM in 9.2
- SUPER FAST ANIMA FARM in 9.2
- SUPER FAST CYPHER FARM in 9.2
- VIDEO: Artificer Xy´mox BOSS TACTICS - FULL EXPLANATION VIDEO - NORMAL MODE
- How to open your Cypher Console anywhere