Blizzard Bluepost (original)
In Legion Timewalking, the Mage Tower will operate similarly to how it did during Legion. The original seven different Challenges (grouped by your specialization’s role) will be available to try repeatedly, for the duration of Legion Timewalking:
- “Closing the Eye” for Frost Death Knight, Havoc Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter, Subtlety Rogue, and Arms Warrior.
- “An Impossible Foe” for Unholy Death Knight, Feral Druid, Fire Mage, Outlaw Rogue, Elemental Shaman, and Fury Warrior.
- “The God-Queen’s Fury” for Arcane Mage, Retribution Paladin, Assassination Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, and Demonology Warlock.
- “Feltotem’s Fall” for Beast Mastery Hunter, Windwalker Monk, Discipline Priest, and Destruction Warlock.
- “The Highlord’s Return” for Blood Death Knight, Vengeance Demon Hunter, Guardian Druid, Brewmaster Monk, Protection Paladin, and Protection Warrior.
- “End of the Risen Threat” for Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, and Restoration Shaman.
- “Thwarting the Twins” for Balance Druid, Marksmanship Hunter, Frost Mage Shadow Priest, and Affliction Warlock.
Each Challenge comprises a series of solo encounters that must be completely survived to earn rewards, and in Legion Timewalking, they will not require that you have an Artifact, or even that you originally played Legion. While the Challenges were considered quite difficult for most of Legion, we’re tuning the encounters in Timewalking to normalize player power, with the intention of providing a meaningful level of difficulty to current players.
The Timewalking Mage Tower Challenges may be the same as those that players experienced in Legion, but the rewards will be different. When the Mage Tower closed at the end of Legion, it was firmly established that those rewards would become unavailable. Many players pushed themselves to collect all the appearances they could before the tower closed. Reintroducing those same appearances now would diminish those players’ accomplishment, so success in a Mage Tower challenge will now award a Legion-themed armor set for your class.
There’s also a new Achievement coming in 9.1.5 for the most well-rounded champions of the Kirin Tor. Players who complete all seven of the Challenges on different characters across their Battle.net account will be rewarded with a unique flying mount: the Soaring Spelltome!
Another Special Addition
During Legion, the Mage Tower awarded most specs a new weapon appearance, yet players who missed earning those still have countless other admirable weapon transmogs to collect across the whole of the game. But for Guardian druids, the Mage Tower prize was an alternate bear form with a unique silhouette and animations. There is simply nothing else like it in the game. For years, we’ve heard feedback from druid players who are frustrated that something so transformative is no longer available, and we agree.
Therefore, in Legion Timewalking, Guardian druids who complete The Highlord’s Return challenge will also receive a new fel variant of the “werebear” form.
We’ve designed it with the goal of making sure that the original bear forms earned in Legion, with their unblemished natural coloration, will remain clearly distinguishable from this new one.
To celebrate the return of the Mage Tower, we plan to have Legion Timewalking open for two consecutive weeks when it first appears on the calendar. Thereafter, Legion Timewalking will occur for the standard one-week-at-a-time in rotation with other Timewalking events from past expansions.
- 10.2.5 Dreadlord transmog coming!
- WEEK 1 - 10.2.5 PTR NEWS - Play with AI in Dungeons, Outland Ragonracing, Mounts, Pets & MORE
- 10.2 - How to get the Druid of the Flame Transmog
- How to get ALL Seedbloom Mounts & PETS in WEEK 2
- The Endless reputation Grind CHANGED
- Dream Wardens Paragon Chest Reward
- Get your Augment Rune on FIRST week of Season 3
- How to get Plump Dreamseeds
- How to get Gigantic Dreamseed
- Twitch Drops - Dottie Pet and White Riding Camel Mount