You will be able to fly in some zones in patch 9.1. Basically, Bastion, Ardenweald, Revendreth and Maldraxxus (all zones except for Oribos and the Maw).
You will not be able to fly between zones.
How to get flying
There is a new questline in patch 9.1 called Chains of Domination.
Complete up to chapter 4 of the new Chains of Domination questline (The Last Sigil).
You unlock this chapter once you reach renown 44.
Instead of pathfinder achievement, you will get a skill called Memories of Sunless Skies, which allows you to ride flying mounts in Shadowlands, and teaches all characters on your account to fly.
How long does it take to get flying in 9.1
It is based on when Blizzard will unlock each new chapter for us.
If you have done all chapters possible before patch 9.1, then it will look like this:
- If they unlock one chapter each week, you will get flying in 4 weeks
- If they unlock the first 2 chapters on launch week and then one chapter a week, you will get flying in 3 weeks
- If they unlock 2 chapters a week, then you will get flying in 2 weeks
Unlocking flying Rewards a mount
Once you unlocked flying in Shadowlands you will be rewarded with a covenant-themed mount.
Kyrian covenant reward is a Elysian Aquilon.
Night Fae covenant reward is a Ardenweald Wilderling
Venthyr covenant reward is a Sinfall Gravewing.
Necrolord covenant reward is a Maldraxxian Corpsefly
- Best Route for Korthia Rift Chests (Video)
- Best Domination Shards for Demon Hunter
- Best Domination Shards for Death Knight
- Sanctum of Domination Raid Boss Tactics/Guide: Kelthuzad
- All locations Archivists quest items
- You lose a lot of stuff if u do the Skip in 9.1
- How to get to the Island - Vault of Secrets
- Sanctum of Domination Raid Boss Tactics/Guide: Fatescribe Roh-Kalo
- The Archivist Codex Vendor has Account-bound items
- Sanctum of Domination Raid Boss Tactics/Guide: GUARDIAN OF THE FIRST ONE