In Patch 10.2, a new head enchant has been introduced that offers different powers based on your role (melee DPS, ranged DPS, tank, or healer).
This enchantment automatically changes when you switch your specialization and can be seen on your buff user interface.
Let's take a look at the specific powers for each role:
- Chance to apply brambles to the target with every heal.
- Additional healing is provided if the brambles are broken or a versatility gain is given to the target if the brambles don't break.
- Abilities cast by the tank have a chance to apply a fire damage-over-time effect.
- The tank is also shielded for the same amount of damage.
- This effect is triggered by taking damage and lasts for 12 seconds.
- Chance to apply damage-over-time effects on single-target or area-of-effect abilities.
- The number of dots applied depends on the number of enemies nearby.
- Chance to deal instant area-of-effect damage.
Where does the enchant come from
An item called "Twisted Dreaming Essence" drops from the first boss, Gnarlroot, in the new 10.2 raid, Amirdrassil, The Dream´s Hope.
This item starts the quest "Essence of a Broken Dream".
Once talking to Merithra inside the raid (she is located near the entrance), you will get a quest called "The Power of Dreams". This quest requires you to loot followiong:
- 50 Echoed Ephemera
- 1 Igria´s Cruel Nightmare
- 1 Larodar´s Fiery Reverie
- 1 Smolderon´s Delusions of Grandeur
- Tindral´s Fowl Fantasia
You will get Igria´s Cruel Nightmare by killing and looting the boss Igria in the raid.
You will get Larodar´s Fiery Reverie by killing and looting the boss Larodar in the raid.
You will get Smolderon´s Delusions of Grandeur by killing and looting the boss Smolderon in the raid.
You will get Tindral´s Fowl Fantasia by killing and looting the boss Tindral in the raid.
It seems that you will loot 1 Echoed Ephemera from each boss, once a week, no matter difficulty.
Blizzard stated "Players will begin a questline to acquire this reusable helm enchantment shortly after entering the raid and can expect to acquire it in their second month of raiding."
and also stated:
"Quest progress is capped on a weekly basis and will be accelerated five weeks after the season begins to allow players to easily catch up if they miss the start of the season."
According to the current system, there are a total of 9 bosses in the raid. If you manage to loot 1 Echoed Ephemera from each boss per week, you will accumulate a total of 9 Echoed Ephemera every week. This means that by the end of the 5th week, you will have obtained enough Echoed Ephemera to complete the quest.
This timing aligns with Blizzard's statement that we will receive the Echoed Ephemera in our second month of raiding. Additionally, Blizzard has mentioned that the acquisition of the enchantment will be accelerated after the 5th week of the season.
- 10.2.5 Dreadlord transmog coming!
- WEEK 1 - 10.2.5 PTR NEWS - Play with AI in Dungeons, Outland Ragonracing, Mounts, Pets & MORE
- 10.2 - How to get the Druid of the Flame Transmog
- How to get ALL Seedbloom Mounts & PETS in WEEK 2
- The Endless reputation Grind CHANGED
- Dream Wardens Paragon Chest Reward
- Get your Augment Rune on FIRST week of Season 3
- How to get Plump Dreamseeds
- How to get Gigantic Dreamseed
- Twitch Drops - Dottie Pet and White Riding Camel Mount