- The new expansion takes place in the realm of the dead, Shadowlands.
- Max level is 60 (instead of 120).
- The talent rows are unchanged (same seven-row talent system), BUT new talents added.
- There is a new leveling system.
- Level 1-10
Starts in a NEW zone (Exile´s Reach).
- Level 10-50
You choose an expansion zone and can level to 50 in that zone only. For example If you want to level in Mist of Pandaria zone only, you can do that.
- Level 50-60
Players that comes as 120 from BFA starts at level 50 here.
- The new Zones are the afterlife they got based their judgement on how they lived when they were alive. It is the Arbiter that sends their soul to one of the zones to find purpose in the afterlife.
Oribos, the Eternal City
The arrival point when you die and judged.
The central hub from players (gathering point with brokers, wheelers, dealers, and soul-traders)
Ruled by Kyrian covenant.
They get sent here toward a state of goodness and letting go of their life burdens.
Ruled by Necrolord covenant.
The heart of the military of Shadowlands.
They are mostly evil, but not all. Their soul is “survival of the fittest”.
Ruled by Night Fae covenant.
An enchanted forest and a dark mirror to Emerald dream.
Souls that are deeply attuned to nature.
Ruled by vampiric Venthyr covenant.
Prideful or flawed souls are sent here to seek their redemption through torture.
A place of dark secrets.
Ruled by the Jailer (no covenant).
A vortex of the most evil souls.
No one comes back from the Maw and no one can escape.
- Covenants are factions. Each zone (except for The Maw) has factions.
Players will level through each zone and each covenant. Then at ax level, you have to choose one covenant to belong to.
You can change covenant, but with a price.
Choosing a covenant will give you
A Signature Ability
Kyrian: Summon Steward
Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore some of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities, each once per day.
Venthyr: Door of Shadows
Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
Form a shield of flesh and bone that prevents damage equal to a portion of your maximum health. Standing near the corpse of a defeated enemy when the ability is cast will create a larger shield.
Night Fae: Soulshape
Turn into a Vulpin, increasing movement speed. You may reactivate Soulshape to teleport a short distance forward.
A Class ability
You get a new ability for your class and even spec.
- A new Talent system – Soulbinding.
Anima is a new resource obtained many sources in Shadowlands and used as points to put in the new talent system.
You get soulbound with an NPC in the covenant you picked.
When you are soulbound with that NPC, you gain access to new talents.
- The endgame zone in Shadowlands is a tower called, Torghast.
This place is a scenario between 1-5 players (scaled) that becomes harder and harder the further you progress. It is not timed, you can take your time in there. The main thing you need here is items to be able to craft Legendary gear.
- Legendary gear is available in Shadowlands.
You must craft one (No RNG).
You get items from places in Shadowlands and also from the Tower (Thorgast).
You craft it at a place called Domination Forge.
- Sanctum of Domination Raid Boss Tactics/Guide: Kelthuzad
- All locations Archivists quest items
- You lose a lot of stuff if u do the Skip in 9.1
- How to get to the Island - Vault of Secrets
- Sanctum of Domination Raid Boss Tactics/Guide: Fatescribe Roh-Kalo
- The Archivist Codex Vendor has Account-bound items
- Sanctum of Domination Raid Boss Tactics/Guide: GUARDIAN OF THE FIRST ONE
- Full Guide: Farm Korthite Crystals
- Mount Guide - Korthia
- Korthia Guides