When Sets returned as a major endgame feature in 9.2, we debuted the Creation Catalyst as a tool for players to access and complete their sets, with the following goals:
Players of all types should have access to powerful bonuses and fun appearances even if raiding is not their preferred method of engagement.
New and returning players “catching up” should not have a monumental task to become ready to fight alongside friends.
WoW can confidently carry the system forward as an evergreen feature for players to learn and understand intuitively.
We think those goals were met. And while there’s room for improvement (both in understanding the means by which charges accrue, as well tuning prohibitive currency costs for alts), we’re happy to say that the Catalyst (which will be known as the Inspiration Catalyst in Dragonflight, and just the ‘Catalyst’ moving forward) will return to the Isles as a companion system to Class Sets for the foreseeable future.
When the Catalyst becomes available in Dragonflight Season 1, there will not be a new currency. Instead, there will be a weekly quest that simply requires doing the same sorts of group content that provide you with Catalyst-eligible gear in the first place. Notably:
All characters on your WoW account can contribute progress towards completing this quest.
Completing the quest awards 1 charge to all current and future characters on your WoW account.
Each of your characters can spend charges individually.
So, if you have done the quest 3 three times, and used 3 charges on your main character, a new alt that reaches level 70 will have 3 charges of their own available.
- 10.2: Three weekly quests with 441-463 ilvl Gear Reward
- 10.2 Gear ilvl from Main Storyline
- Emerald Dream Shield Transmog
- October Trading Post -2023
- NEW Timewalking Mount and How to get it
- How to Farm LOADS of 418 (upgrade to 437) ilvl Gear BoE
- New Prime Gaming Reward!
- Get 428 + ilvl Gear every week for 5 weeks!
- Larodar, Keeper of the Flame Boss Tactics - 10.2 - Amirdrassil: The Dream's Hope
- Volcoross Boss Tactics - 10.2 - Amirdrassil: The Dream's Hope