All gear you get from here has a chance to become bind on equipped, meaning you can wear it, or sell it or send it to alts or friends.
This gear is tied to the new system called Cyphers of the First ones. At the beginning of the main questline, you will be introduced to a console called Cypher console. This console is like talent tree, but in this case it is traits that
- makes you more powerful in different ways when in Zereth Mortis
- makes you be able to communicate with different NPCs in Zereth Mortis
- unlocks puzzles for reward
- unlocks so that you can craft pets
- unlocks so that you can craft mounts
- and more
The main part when it comes to gear is that this system has a Cypher Equipment level. The level starts at 1 and max level is 6. The more points you put into cypher console by unlocking and upgrading traits with a currency called Cyphers of the First Ones, the higher you will level.
Each level requires 750 Cyphers of the first Ones in total to reach the next level.
The higher Cypher Equipment level you have, the higher ilvl will the gear reward be (also more anima reward).
- Level 1
Rewards 233 ilvl from various sources.
- Level 2
Rewards 239 ilvl from various sources.
- Level 3
Rewards 242 ilvl from various sources.
- Level 4
Rewards 246 ilvl from various sources.
- Level 5
Rewards 249 ilvl from various sources.
- Level 6
Rewards 252 ilvl from various sources.
You start at ilvl 233 and the highest ilvl you can reach is 252 ilvl.
Is REPUTATION required as well?
Reputation seems to have an impact there as well, not only the cypher level. We noticed that we didn’t get higher ilvl reward once we level up the cypher. So I started to collect data for 20 days to check if the reputation has an impact. This might just be a bug but what we have noticed is following.
- 233 ilvl rewardRequires level 1 Cypher
- 239 ilvl rewardRequires level 2 Cypher and 3000/6000 reputation with The Enlightened.
- 242 ilvl rewardRequires level 3 Cypher and 3500/12000 reputation with The Enlightened.
- 246 ilvl rewardRequires level 4 Cypher and 3500/12000 reputation with The Enlightened
- 249 ilvl rewardRequires level 5 Cypher and 9000/12000 reputation with The Enlightened.
- 252 ilvl rewardRequires level 6 Cypher and 11000/12000 reputation with The Enlightened.
It is not reputation gated. Check this post from Blizzard. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/306462
"We have received multiple reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as intended. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.
If you discover a new issue, please submit a new Bug Report. Bugs submitted in-game do not receive a personal response. Instead, they'll be directed to the teams responsible for addressing them."
All the sources tied to the ilvl gear and the cypher system
When it comes to World Quests, there are 3 World Quests up per day. The reward can either be gold, gear, anima or reputation.
When it comes to Daily Quests, there are 2 daily quests at start. Once you have unlocked the trait , you will activate one more daily quest. So in total you will have 3 daily quests per day. The reward are:
- Cyphers (the currency to upgrade traits in the Cyphers console)
- Cosmic Flux (used to upgrade legendaries and craft tier set pieces)
When it comes to Normal Treasures, there are scattered all around Zereth Mortis. They don’t have as good items as special treasures, but you might be lucky and get gear from it. Otherwise, you get
- Cosmic Flux
When it comes to Weekly Quests, there is a quest called Patterns to Pattern in which you have to raise a percentage bar up, based on your activities in Zereth Mortis. For example, completing world quests, dailies, looting treasures, killing rares etc.
This quest is available every 3rd day.
You will always get one piece of gear and Cosmic Flux.
Thank you Lazey (patf0rd) for helping me with many parts of guide.
- Patch 9.2.5 Gear item levels (ilvl) in Shadowlands Season 4
- Craft TIER Gear with gear from Zereth Mortis
- How to CRAFT TIER SETS & CHANGE STATS on Items!?
- How to put sockets on Gear in 9.2
- SUPER FAST Silken Protofiber FARM in 9.2
- SUPER FAST PROTOFLESH FARM in 9.2
- SUPER FAST ANIMA FARM in 9.2
- SUPER FAST CYPHER FARM in 9.2
- VIDEO: Artificer Xy´mox BOSS TACTICS - FULL EXPLANATION VIDEO - NORMAL MODE
- How to open your Cypher Console anywhere