A new blue post came out on for Season 4 PvP Update: Removing the Conquest Cap and Spoils of War.
We’ve been hearing the feedback from the community to lift the Conquest Cap for Shadowlands Season 4. We’re happy to announce that we will be doing so with next week’s resets (Wednesday, August 17), but also want to offer some explanation on why we were initially hesitant to do so.
First, we understand the sentiment regarding how Valor is uncapped this season while Conquest remains capped. However, the two currencies are not exactly alike in design or purpose. For example, there is no Valor vendor where you can purchase the specific item that you want. While Conquest is used to acquire specific items at a vendor, Valor is used to upgrade items that have dropped randomly from the Great Vault or from running M+ dungeons.
Second, we know that once the Conquest cap is removed, many players will set out to acquire a full set of gear as quickly as possible, creating a significant power gap between themselves and any characters that are new to the season. We generally do not remove the cap until later in the season when we feel many players who have been playing all season have had the opportunity to acquire a full set of gear. This allows the competitive environment to remain closer during the early part of the season.
Finally, the Conquest cap serves to throttle gear acquisition to a rate comparable with the other main parts of the endgame, Raids and M+.
By lifting the cap early, we understand that some of the above issues may arise. But in this shortened and experimental final season of Shadowlands, we want to take an opportunity to be flexible and responsive to your feedback.
In addition to the Conquest cap removal, there are two more PvP changes that we want everybody to be aware of:
- The Spoils of War buff will be reactivated with next week’s reset, so players taking part in Battlegrounds and Arena will have their Conquest gains increased by 25% and Honor gains increased by 40%. This is planned to remain active for the rest of Season 4.
- For the Solo Shuffle Brawl, the minimum item level floor has been increased to 278 (is currently 252). This is already live.
Thank you for your feedback and we’ll see you on the battlefield!
- Dragonflight: Major Factions Overview
- Gear item level (ilvl) in Dragonflight
- New Mythic+ ilvl gear reward: +18 instead of +15
- Dragonflight Keystone Master: Season 1 reward
- The Dragonflight Glory Dungeon Achievement reward
- The Dragonflight Glory Raid Achievement reward
- Raid testing this week
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes - Phase 6
- How to farm Artisan´s Mettle - Dragonflight Guide
- Dragon Isles Knowledge Points - Profession GUIDE