First, some information regarding how Artifact Power and the final trait will work when unlocking the new Artifact traits in 7.2:
- In 7.2 there will be more Artifact traits added.
- Players that have reached the 35th trait will unlock the new traits.
- Any Artifact Power you've spent on traits 35-54 will be refunded when you unlock the new traits.
- You'll be able to re-spend that Artifact Power immediately on the new traits.
- Once you have enough AP to buy your 54th rank, you'll no longer be able to add additional AP, regardless of whether you buy that final rank or not.
- Any additional AP beyond 54 will not be refunded.
How to unlock new traits
Step 1 – Complete the Broken Shore Scenario
- You will either get a quest directly when logging on once 7.2 is live, called Armies of Legionfall. If you don’t get this quest, then head to Khadgar in Violet Citadel in Dalaran and take the quest there.
- This will start the Scenario questline which is performed solo (not in raid like the 7.0 starting scenario).
Step 2 – Find a special quest item (How to complete quest: Investigating the Legion)
- After completing the scenario you will get a new quest called “Investigating the Legion”
- This requires you to find Legion plans note that drops from mobs in the Broken Shore. Kill mobs in Broken Shore until it drops. I got mine from a mob in the norhtern island in Broken Shore (Dreadstalker Point).
- Delivering the Legion plan to Khadgar in Deliverance Point in Broken Shore will unlock the trait quest line.
This takes you to the Violet Citadel in Dalaran.
- The questline differs between healers, tanks and even between dps (4 different qs).
- Completing the questline will unlock the new traits. Head over to your class order hall and start upgrading.
- FULL GUIDE: Mythic Dungeons in Season 4
- How to upgrade from a digital pre-purchase to the physical Dragonflight Epic Edition Collector's Set.
- Dragonflight Pre-Orders Now Available!
- Dragonflight Release Date
- Raid nerfs for all difficulties
- Best covenants for each class in 9.2.5
- Best 2 set Legendary for each class and spec in 9.2.5 Mythic plus (M+)
- Best 2 set Legendary for each class and spec in 9.2.5 Raid
- Best Mythic plus dungeon (M+) Melee Dps in 9.2.5
- Best Mythic plus dungeon (M+) Tank in 9.2.5