- When you get enough Artifact Power, you can upgrade the power of your Artifact Weapon.
- The weapon gets upgraded when you choose a new /upgrade an old Trait in the Weapon UI Trait tree.
- Each class has their own weapon which means that each class has their own class/spec specific Trait tree.
- The first Trait on the weapon is for free and you get that Trait directly when you get the weapon.
- Each Trait has a Rank on it, some has only Rank 1 and some has up to Rank 3. Meaning, Traits can be upgraded with for example better stats.
- The amount of Ranks is the amount of how many times you can upgrade that Trait.
- Each Trait costs different amounts of Artifact Power depending on:
* how awesome the Trait is
* what Rank number you upgrading to.
- There are 2 different types of Traits:
* Minor Trait (A passive ability)
* Major Trait (An ability that you place on your bar and use it when needed)
- The first thing you will spend Artifact Power on is on an Major Trait, this goes for all.
- After you unlock the first Major Trait, your Trait Tree will open up with different paths, so you will have an option on which direction you want to follow.
- These options give you the chance to make choices on what you want to focus on and how you want our character to be:
* Really good at single target fights
* Really good at AoE fights
* Really good at survival
- You will be able to unlock all the Traits, but it will take a while.
- The Minor Traits have up to Rank 3 and you need to upgrade all 3 Ranks in able to unlock the next trait on the Trait Tree.
- The Minor Traits that costs only 1 Trait are more utility based.
- Depending on what type of style you want to play, The Major Traits are the ones that will guide your path along the Trait Tree
- The Major Traits are more powerful. They are modifier addons to major class abilities and sometimes even core abilities.