Island expedition is a scenario of 3 players.
This scenario takes you to a random island where you must gather Azerite power faster than 3 other characters. These 3 other characters are either NPS´s or other players.
You choose what type of scenario you want when queuing up. The difficulties are
- Normal mode (against 3 NPC´s)
- Heroic mode ((against 3 NPC´s)
- Mythic mode (against 3 NPC´s)
- PvP mode (against 3 other players)
The amount of Azerite power you need to gather in that island differs depending on what difficulty you choose. On normal mode, you compete who gathers 6000 Azerite Power first, on Heroic mode, you compete who gathers 9000 Azerite Power first, etc.
You gather Azerite power from many different sources on that island (chests, looting mobs, Rare mobs etc).
The Azerite Power you gather on island expedition is only tied to the scenario. The actual Artifact Power you get from this is the reward when you win. The harder difficulty should (not on beta) reward more Artifact Power.
Further, there is a bar on the top side when you will que up for an island expedition. This bar counts how much Azerite Power you (your team) have gathered from Island expeditions.
For example, if you win one heroic mode Island exp, you have gathered 9000 Azerite Power. When you win another one, you have gathered 9000 more with a total of 18 000 Azerite Power. If you lost a heroic mode but gathered 7500 on that scenario, it adds 7500 more, with a total of 25 000 Azerite Power.
Now, why is this important, because, every time you gather 40 000 Azerite power, you will be rewarded 2000 more Artifact Power.
It seems that this will be a weekly task, but on beta, I could do this over and over. It started at 0/40 000 everytime I reached 40 000.
The different difficulties
You complete objectives and race against advanced 3 AI opponents to see who gets it first.
These are called champions.
This will be in 4 difficulties
Where do I que up for Island Expedition
can queue from the Expedition table in Boralus Harbor, near the Tradewinds Market. Look for the green ship occupying the second slip.
Can queue from the Expedition table in Zuldazar Harbor, at the Port of Zandalar, on the west side. Look for the red ship.
Comments powered by Disqus
- BFA Raid Boss Tactics: Vectis
- BFA Raid Boss Tactics: Fetid Devourer
- BFA Raid Boss Tactics: MOTHER
- New Pre-Patch Cinematic - "Old Soldier"
- Guide: Where is the Order Hall in Battle for Azeroth
- When does Uldir unlock - Schedule
- Best Healer, Tank and Dps in Battle for Azeroth (BFA) - a List
- Farm/Grind Artifact Power in Battle for Azeroth
- Fastest way to gear up in Battle for Azeroth (BFA)
- Honorbound / 7th Legion Reputation Guide