What is Corruption Gear
Corruption Gear is a new gear system that comes out in patch 8.3. Some gear have a chance to become corrupted. All gear that comes out in patch 8.3 will not be able to become Titanforged and Warforged. All gear before 8.3 will still be the same, with a cap of 455.
This gear has a specific boost on it, such as
- Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 3% or 6 % or 10% of your Haste
- Increase the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 2% or 3% or 4%.
- Increase the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 2% or 3% or 4%.
- Increase the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 2% or 3% or 4%.
- Increase the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by 2% or 3% or 4%.
- Increase healing received from all sources by 4% or 5% or 6%.
- You spells and abilities have a chance to grant you a flash of Clarity, reducing the cooldown of your next 3 spells cast by 2 sec.
- Reduce your damage taken from periodic effects by 3% or 4% or 5%.
- Increases your healing received from all sources by X%.
- Increases your Leech by X%.
- X% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
The numbers might change during test period and before patch comes live.
The percentage number is based on difficulty to get the item, basically what Tier it is.
Tier 1 (normal) 2% Secondary Stat
Tier 2 (Heroic) 3% Secondary Stat
Tier 3 (Mythic) 4% Secondary Stat
How does it work
All Corrupted gear will give some kind of boost (see above). However, every piece of gear has a certain amount of Corruption on it.
The more corrupted gear you have on you, the higher amount of Corruption your character will have.
The amount of Corruption your character has will also put a debuff or several debuffs on your character.
10 corruption Grasping Tendrils
Taking dmg has a chance slow you for 5 Sec.
The higher corruption the more the slow increases.
20 corruption Corrupted Zone
Your spells and abilities have chance create a pool under you that does shadow dmg every 2 sec on you. The pool size increases the higher corruption.
40 corruption Grand Delusions
Taking dmg has a chance to summon a Thing that chases you for 10 sec.
Its speed increases the more corruption .
60 Corruption Creeping Death
Damage taken increased by 10% and healing reduced by 10%. The higher corruption after, this increases. It increases by 1% for every corruption above 60 and starts at 10% when having 60 in corruption.
The amount of corruption on the Corrupted gear is based on based on difficulty to get the item, basically what Tier it is. This is just an example of corruption and the exact number will be known soon.
|Tier 1 (normal)||Corruption 10|
|Tier 2 (Heroic)||Corruption 15|
|Tier 3 (Mythic)||Corruption 25|
If you don´t want your item Corrupted
There will be times where you don’t want the gear you got to actually be corrupted. For example if the boost it does is wrong for your char, or if you get way to high corruption so the debuffs are to much for you. Therefore there is a system to remove the corruption from it.
You can remove the corruption from your gear (cleanse it) by talking to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, same place Magni is located in Silithus.
It doesn’t cost anything at all to cleanse the gear.
How to get Corruption Gear
There are various ways to achieve Corruption Gear
- Ny’alotha Raid
- Mythic Keystone dungeons in Season 4
- PvP Season 4
- Warfront – Heroic Darkshore
The loot have a chance to become a corrupted gear.
- Ny´alotha GUIDE – Tactics on Wrathion, the Black Emperor
- Gear item level (ilvl) in Patch 8.3
- Step by Step Guide – 15-year Anniversary WoW Event
- Guides - The Zones and Covenants (Shadowlands)
- The leveling system in 9.0 Shadowlands
- Shadowlands - Guide
- New Expansion - Shadowlands
- Full Guide - Essences in 8.3
- Black Warden Rhothkozz Location (Assault)