Warlords of Draenor – Herbalism changes
- New herbs:
- Talador Orchid: "A lovely blossom that is highly poisonous unless thoroughly boiled."
- Nagrand Arrowbloom: "Native to Nagrand, its arrow shaped blooms are prized for their medicinal properties."
- Starflower: "Blooms under the starlit sky of Shadowmoon Valley. The nectar that collects at the bottom of the flower causes it to glow."
- Gorgrond Flytrap: "A carnivorous plant with a misleading name - it subsists on a wide variety of small animals."
- Fireweed: "Unlike their cousins, found only in the very hot environments near the lava pools of Frostfire Ridge."
- Frostweed: "Found growing in the snowy landscape of Frostfire Ridge."
- Chameleon Lotus: "Changes form to adapt to the local environment. What may seem like another herb is sometimes actually a Chaemeleon Lotus."
- There are leveling improvements for herbalists. You can now pick herbs in the world without a required skill. The amount of herbs you'll get is determined by your skill level. We saw some of this earlier in Patch 5.3 when low level herbalists could pick herbs in Pandaria and get petals.
- New Herbalism pet: Nightshade Sproutling
- Click hereto see a full list of herb petals that you'll get in Warlords if your skill is low for a node.
- Garrison building: Herb Garden Level 3
- A follower assigned to the Level 2 Herb Garden Level 2lets you choose what sort of herbs to grow.
This Herbalism leveling guide will show you the fastest way how to level your Herbalism profession from 1 to 600.
The guide includes routes for the best zones filled with herbs. Herbalism goes well with Alchemy, you can use the herbs you pick and make potions, but Herbalism is good with any other profession. If you want to level Alchemy, check out my Alchemy Leveling Guide. But keep in mind, this Herbalism guide is made to level your profession as fast as possible, so sometimes the herbs you will farm might not be the best for Alchemy.
Herbalism Leveling Guide 1 - 70
First, visit any trainer in the main cities of old Azeroth - just ask a guard, and learn Apprentice Herbalism. It's recommended to get a [Herbalist's Spade]. Click on the link and you will find a list of vendors where you can buy this item.
Download the following addon: Gathermate2. This addon shows you every herb location on your map. The addon and the databse can be found here.
If you have the [Sky Golem] mount, you should use it while leveling herbalism because you can pick herbs without dismounting.
For the first 70 points, you can go to any starter zone, there is not much difference between them.
70 - 150 Herbalism
Learn Herbalism Journeyman then head to Hillsbrad Foothills. It's a horde only zone, this means it might be a bit harder to reach it for alliance players, and for low level players I recommend Darkshore.
Between 70-125, just follow the yellow lines. When you reach 125, you can enter the orange circle and gather Frozen Herbs.
Horde players can stay in this zone up to 160 or even a bit more if they want to because there is a herbalism trainer in Tarren Mill, so you can visit her at 150. The reason I recommend you stay here until 160 is because this way when you go to the next zones, you will be able to gather Khadgar's Whisker right away.
The last few points between 130-150 will come a bit slowly.
150 - 230 Herbalism
Visit your trainer and learn Herbalism Expert.
There is no Goldthorn at Western Plaguelands, go to Feralas if you want to farm it.
You won't be able to gather Khadgar's Whisker for the first 10 points until you reach 160, and all herbs will be green for the last 10-20 points. But it's still the fastest way if you to stay in these zones.
You will have to visit your trainer again when you reach 200.
If you have a [Herbalist's Spade], you should only leave when you reach 220, then you won't have to come back to these zones. With 220+10 skill you will be able to pick Sungrass in the next zones.
230 - 285 Herbalism
You will gather the following herb: [Sungrass]
In both of the zones below the most common herb will be [Sungrass]. I recommend Thousand Needles, because in Eastern Plaguelands there are a lot of [Khadgar's Whisker] which will be green to you and grey for the last few points. I also like the easy layout of Thousand Needles, you just go in a straight line and you can't miss the herbs, but don't get me wrong, Eastern Plaguelands is a really great alternative.
If you don't have a flying mount, then when you reach the end of the yellow line, you should turn back and run back to the starting point of the yellow line. You will also have to swim to Twilight Bulwark or Twilight Withering, else you can't really get to the place where the herbs are. (you can see these zones if you click on the map below)
285 - 325 Herbalism
You will gather the following herbs:
Visit your trainer and learn Herbalism Master.
Swamp of Sorrows
The whole zone is filled with herbs. You can find them everywhere, there is no farming route for this map. If you don't need the herbs for herbalism, you can also stay in Swamp of Sorrows until you reach 350 and skip Outland. But if you go to Outland you will get more expensive herbs.
325 - 350 Herbalism
The orange circles means that you should fly around that zone because the herbs are spread all over inside them.
350 - 400 Herbalism
Learn Herbalism Grand Master. In Howling Fjord, you will mostly find [Goldclover], but there will be some[Tiger Lily] near the rivers and lakes, you won't be able to gather these until you reach 375 in Herbalism.
400 - 425 Herbalism
Sholazar Basin is filled with Herbs. The most common herb is [Adder's Tongue], but you can also find some[Goldclover] and [Tiger Lily]. If you don't really care about selling the Herbs, you should stay in Sholazar Basin until you reach 450. All it takes is just one full circuit in the zone, assuming no one else is farming there.
425 - 475 Herbalism
Visit your trainer and learn Herbalism Illustrious.
You will gather [Cinderbloom] at Mount Hyjal
If you have the Herbalist's Spade you should head to the next zone when you reach 465.
475 - 500 Herbalism
Go to Deepholm and gather [Heartblossom].
500 - 545
Visit your trainer and learn the next rank of Herbalism.
I have two routes that I usually use, depending on how many players are farming in the zone. If you are the only one in the zone, then I recommend using the first route.
545 - 575
You will gather [Silkweed]. Just follow the route below and gather every herb until you reach 575.
Valley of the Four Winds
575 - 600
You will gather [Snow Lily]. There are a few caves in the mountains, but I only recommend to go into the caves if you have some kind of sprint/stealth ability, or if someone else is farming in the zone.