Warlords of Draenor – Herbalism changes
- New herbs:
- Talador Orchid: "A lovely blossom that is highly poisonous unless thoroughly boiled."
- Nagrand Arrowbloom: "Native to Nagrand, its arrow shaped blooms are prized for their medicinal properties."
- Starflower: "Blooms under the starlit sky of Shadowmoon Valley. The nectar that collects at the bottom of the flower causes it to glow."
- Gorgrond Flytrap: "A carnivorous plant with a misleading name - it subsists on a wide variety of small animals."
- Fireweed: "Unlike their cousins, found only in the very hot environments near the lava pools of Frostfire Ridge."
- Frostweed: "Found growing in the snowy landscape of Frostfire Ridge."
- Chameleon Lotus: "Changes form to adapt to the local environment. What may seem like another herb is sometimes actually a Chaemeleon Lotus."
- There are leveling improvements for herbalists. You can now pick herbs in the world without a required skill. The amount of herbs you'll get is determined by your skill level. We saw some of this earlier in Patch 5.3 when low level herbalists could pick herbs in Pandaria and get petals.
- New Herbalism pet: Nightshade Sproutling
- Garrison building: Herb Garden Level 3
- A follower assigned to the Level 2 Herb Garden Level 2lets you choose what sort of herbs to grow.
Herbalism 1 - 70
First, visit any trainer in the main cities of old Azeroth - just ask a guard, and learn Apprentice Herbalism. It's recommended to get a [Herbalist's Spade].
Download the following addon: Gathermate2. This addon shows you every herb location on your map.
For the first 70 points, you can go to any starter zone, there is not much difference between them.
You will gather the following herbs: [Peacebloom], [Silverleaf], [Earthroot]
70 - 150 Herbalism
You will gather the following herbs: [Mageroyal], [Briarthorn], [Bruiseweed]
Learn Herbalism Journeyman then head to Hillsbrad Foothills. It's a horde only zone, this means it might be a bit harder to reach it for alliance players, and for low level players I recommend Darkshore.
Between 70-125, just follow the yellow lines. When you reach 125, you can enter the orange circle and gather Frozen Herbs.
Horde players can stay in this zone up to 160 or even a bit more if they want to because there is a herbalism trainer in Tarren Mill, so you can visit her at 150.
150 - 230 Herbalism
Visit your trainer and learn Herbalism Expert.
You will gather the following herbs: [Kingsblood], [Fadeleaf], [Khadgar's Whisker], [Goldthorn]
There is no Goldthorn at Western Plaguelands, go to Feralas if you want to farm it.
You won't be able to gather Khadgar's Whisker for the first 10 points until you reach 160, and all herbs will be green for the last 10-20 points. But it's still the fastest way if you to stay in these zones.
You will have to visit your trainer again when you reach 200.
If you have a [Herbalist's Spade], you should only leave when you reach 220, then you won't have to come back to these zones. With 220+10 skill you will be able to pick Sungrass in the next zones.
230 - 285 Herbalism
You will gather the following herb: [Sungrass]
In both of the zones below the most common herb will be [Sungrass]. In Eastern Plaguelands there are a lot of [Khadgar's Whisker] which will be green to you and grey for the last few points.
285 - 325 Herbalism
You will gather the following herbs:
Swamp of Sorrows: [Golden Sansam], [Sorrowmoss]
Felwood: [Gromsblood], [Purple Lotus], [Dreamfoil], [Golden Sansam]
Visit your trainer and learn Herbalism Master.
Swamp of Sorrows
Stay in Swamp of Sorrows until you reach 350 and skip Outland. But if you go to Outland you will get more expensive herbs.
325 - 350 Herbalism
You will gather the following herbs: [Felweed], [Dreaming Glory], [Terocone]
350 - 400 Herbalism
Learn Herbalism Grand Master. In Howling Fjord, you will mostly find [Goldclover], but there will be some[Tiger Lily] near the rivers and lakes, you won't be able to gather these until you reach 375 in Herbalism.
400 - 425 Herbalism
The most common herb is [Adder's Tongue], but you can also find some[Goldclover] and [Tiger Lily].
425 - 475 Herbalism
Visit your trainer and learn Herbalism Illustrious.
You will gather [Cinderbloom] at Mount Hyjal
475 - 500 Herbalism
Go to Deepholm and gather [Heartblossom].
500 - 545
Gather [Green Tea Leaf] and [Rain Poppy].
Visit your trainer and learn the next rank of Herbalism.
545 - 575
You will gather [Silkweed]
Valley of the Four Winds
575 - 600
You will gather [Snow Lily].